There is no doubt that a traditional display of flowers (generally referred to as a casket spray) mean so much at a funeral or memorial service. We find that everyone seems to appreciate the beauty and colour they bring.
Of course it’s such a personal choice, and we’ve had a whole range of different amazing displays at our services, including:-
- 100 gerberas placed on the coffin by family and friends resulting in a beautiful array of white and yellow.
- A favourite large loose arrangement of lavender, picked with love from the deceased’s own garden.
- A large amount of flowers brought along by guests to a beach service, resulting in a big beautiful display on and around the coffin. People were encouraged to choose flowers to take home afterwards.
- A floral display in a horseshoe shape suiting a wonderful man who was a horse lover/farrier.
- A double ended casket spray of multi-colored roses, especially for a rose lover
- Natural bush/native flowers chosen especially by the family for their rugged Aussie bush lover
- Flowers displayed as numbers, for a talented young sportsman that represented his jersey number
During our funeral arrangement meeting we will ask what will happen with the flowers afterwards? Many people choose to take them home or distribute them amongst loved ones or perhaps even nursing home staff or residents.
Others like to see them remain with their loved one as they continue on their journey.
We encourage our families to make their own decisions and select what is right for them and their loved one. Many people decide to have us assist with the floral arrangement and we are honored to do so.
We only engage the services of wonderfully talented and affordable florists, so that we can pass this on to our families. The displays shown below are just some of the flowers from our services and range from $300 to $450